Saturday, July 01, 2006

Making Lists


I recently got list-tagged by a friend. I cannot seem to deny the all-encompassing urge to give in to these things, and everyone in my life seems to know it. Chain letters, "good luck" emails that need to be forwarded to 3 friends, prayer circulars...all that stuff is just decoration for my trash can. VOOP! It's gone. Usually I can tell that kind of stuff just from the subject line...and I delete it unread.

Lists, though...lists are my downfall. What is it about humans that we're SO curious about one another? We LOVE to read about famous people (even if it's made-up garbage), we stare at each other while stopped at the red light (and, apparently, flip off antsy drivers as well!), and we love to list things about ourselves. Rob Gordon would be proud, as we constantly re-shift our listed priorities around. "Quick! Top 5...comic book origin stories of all time!" Yeah...I cannot resist the list. Here then, forthwith, is my reply to my friend Lisa, she of the itchy trigger finger.

Four jobs I have had in my life:
1) College professor
2) Grounds crew worker (slave?)
3) Paper deliver boy (Detroit Free Press, 6 years baby!)
4) Uh...freelance composer-for-hire, I guess

Four places I have lived:
1) Auburn, MI (the fabulous "kid years")
2) Cass City, MI (jr. high and high school)
3) Mt. Pleasant, MI (college)
4) East Lansing, MI (more college)

Four TV shows I love to watch (almost all on DVD, as I loathe most current television):
1) "Dallas"
2) "Three's Company"
3) "Little House on the Prarie" (to the chorus of groans out there: fuck off)
4) "Seinfeld"

Four places I have been on vacation:
1) Porcupine Mts., Michigan upper peninsula
2) camping in West Chester, PA
3) Bavaria (Blue Lake tour, 1985)
4) Washington D.C.

Four websites I visit daily:
1) Kiss Online
2) Stuff On My Cat
3) Internet Movie Database
4) uh...I guess this one! ;-)

Four of my favorite foods:
1) pizza (specifically, the Street Special at our own Main Street Pizza)
2) hashwi (a lovely Lebanese combo of spiced chicken, rice, pine nuts and toasted vermicelli)
3) popcorn (the good stuff: popped on the stove, in oil)
4) pad thai

Four places I'd rather be right now:
1) Auburn, circa 1978 (does that count?)
2) Oaxaca (the in-laws make it sound fantastic)
3) front row at a Kiss concert
4) nowhere, really...I dig "where I'm at"

Four favorite bands:
1) Kiss (natch)
2) Cheap Trick
3) Poison
4) Twisted Sister (can someone say: "stuck in the 80s"?)

Four bloggers I am tagging: no one, since I don't know many. I'll replace this with...

Four records I wouldn't want to live without:
1) Kiss "Alive!"
2) Devo "Freedom of Choice"
3) Cheap Trick "Dream Police"
4) Barbra Streisand "A Christmas Album"

So, that's it for my lists. If you read this, and you're NOT one of the two or three people who already know me, shoot me a comment so I can find my way over to your site.

1 Comments:

Blogger L*I*S*A said...

Love it! Thanks for playing my little game. ;)

By the way, I can't wait to get stuck in the 80's with you and your better half in a few weeks.

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home