Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Just a Quickie

Ha! Y'all have dirty minds, ya know that?!?

Anyway.

Just a quick update, as things have been moving VERY rapidly here. Mom came by this past weekend to help with the stair demo and reconstruction. We got all the old stairs & risers out - from the top down, natch - by Saturday mid-afternoon...effectively barring us from the second storey until the NEW stairs were in! There weren't any unpleasant surprises, luckily; a few places where the stringer was cracked, but those were easily repaired with add-on patches of plywood. We took a trip to Lowe's for necessities, and it was probably the WORST experience there I've ever had. Despite eventually getting everything we were seeking (including an early-birthday present for me, in the form of a DeWalt table saw!), the "helpful staff" at the store were nothing of the kind. Y'know the only thing worse than not getting ANY help at a store? Getting the kind of help where the staffer kind of goes "Ummmm...uhhhhh..." and either has no idea what it is you're looking for, or else just pokes around the same shelf YOU'VE been poking around on and brilliantly decides "I guess we don't carry that!" No SHIT, numb-nuts!

So, the end of Saturday was spent arranging all our tools and prepping for an early Sunday morning. Using the old landing as a pattern we spend the morning reconfiguring the bottom-most step, and then just started an assembly-line production of riser, tread, riser, tread. Mom left in the early afternoon, and I buckled down until dark, finally putting my toys away only four stairs from the top. Exhausting work, but MAN! do those new oak stairs look better than the shitty old ones!

I had to start my class on Monday, but arrived home to basically finish the job. It has been too hot here to sleep upstairs, even with the AC on, so Tess & I have stayed with camping out on the futon. The carpet installer came today, so Roslyn's room is all cozy with it's new berber flooring, and we're really moving stuff in now.

Which is GOOD, because the Docs think Miss Tessmacher is measuring a little "small" at only 33 inches in her 36th week, and they've put her on twice-weekly visits to the obstetrician. I personally think that TESS HERSELF IS PRETTY SMALL, and a tiny baby that is fully developed is better than some gargantuan monstrosity...but, nobody ever asks me. The upshot is, they'd prefer to see her start to labor sooner rather than later, and since we're technically at-term here in the middle of the 37th week, I guess that works for me. Bring on the baby, baby!

I'm back to grading and scrambling to get things done, so the posts may be few and far between over the next couple of weeks. Who knows? The next one might be from POPPA Animal! Sweet.

5 Comments:

Blogger L*I*S*A said...

Did the words "Small for Gestational Age" ever pop out of the doc's mouth? It's the first thing that came to mind. Just curious.

Are they talking about inducing her labor early? If so, gimme the details. I'm a nursing student and a labor and delivery employee, dammit!

11:50 PM  
Blogger Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

Have they talked about wanting to give her a steroid shot or anything to help Roz develop more? My OB did that to me when I was preggers with Jamethan. I was getting twice weekly ultrasounds to monitor his development, and they decided to give him a little boost via a shot in my a$$ to help him fill out his lungs more. Just curious.

9:25 AM  
Blogger Tess said...

Nope- no shot recommendation. She's considered small but I guess not undercooked at this point. As of right now, the only thing they are concerned about is making sure she is moving in the same patterns and the same amount. So, I get to do "kick counts" daily. So far, she moves 10 times within 20 minutes, so she's passing with flying colors.

11:46 AM  
Blogger Tess said...

By the way, Scott, I love that your blog is rated NC17. I checked CTS and we're rated G. I'm not sure if I'm proud of that or if I feel like we need to dirty up our blog?!

3:21 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

hope all is good for you all.

Poppa Animal is a little smurfy

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home