Monday, November 10, 2008

The Vanity Google

I've blogged before about "narcissearching": that thing we probably all do in our own secret little moments, plugging our name in as a search term in Google to see what kind of hits we get. I'm used to getting things related to a far-more-famous producer who goes by "Scotty Hard," (like Dirk Diggler: a great name!), but it's still a worthwhile thing for me to do. Basically, I'm looking for performances of my music to list in my Curriculum Vita. Imagine my pleasant surprise, then, to come across a quartet performing my percussion ensemble Taiko in Grenada last January! The piece is ostensibly written for 6-8 musicians, but this is a great re-imagining of it for the smaller group. Not only is it a more compact piece like this, but this may be the best performance of it I've yet heard. Congrats MintaKa, and thanks for the great job!

4 Comments:

Blogger Gknee said...

That's just cool!

I have much more internet presence as Gknee than Jeanne Sutton or Jeanne Clemens. Weird hunh?

2:19 PM  
Blogger L*I*S*A said...

I'd love to have all of your percussion ensemble pieces loaded on my Ipod to run with. WOW!! Great stuff. Makes me proud to know such an accomplished composer.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

Very cool! It's a great piece! And what a tight performance. You should hunt these people down and force them to collaborate with you. Good excuse for a trip to Spain.

10:09 AM  
Blogger LauriO said...

I am so proud of you Dr. Harding. I have goose bumps on my goose bumps. I try to brag about you every chance I get! Hunter wants to know if you'll write him a solo perc piece for the 7th grade solo and ensemble. :) He thinks you're awesome!

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home