Thursday, December 04, 2008

The Flying Dream

So, I woke up not once but twice last night, both times coming out of The Flying Dream. Y'all have that dream, right? You know...the one where you can fly! Why do we all have that dream?!? I don't get it. Is there some sort of weird, pre-historical event that only lives in our reptillian brains, unable to be accessed as conscious thought but very much alive in our dream-state? And furthermore: when you're having The Flying Dream...doesn't it seem so familiar??? You know, like, you totally know you know how to do it, and you've know all along, you've just...forgotten, somehow. I hate that.

Well, anyway, that's what it was last night, only it was combined with perhaps too much Heroes-watching of late, because in my dream it was kind of an activated-power; to wit, I had to recite the letters "T-U-V-X" and then...some word. Some "mystery word," like "Shazam!" only not that, but for the same effect. I remembered the oddly non-alphabetical letter string when I awoke...but not the mystery word. But, man, it was so real!! Like, even though I'm typically afraid of heights, when I got up in the air I realized, "Oh, YEAHHH! Of COURSE I know how to do this!!! Shit, how could I have forgotten?" And it felt so wonderful, so weightless, to utter the letter-and-mystery-word sequence and suddenly find myself able to take to the air.

We can do it. I know we all know how to do it! Hell, maybe it's some sort of governmental conspiracy, and even now the Flight Police are zooming to my office from, like, their Detroit field office, ready to take me into custody because my blocked-thought-path has worn away and I remembered how to fly.

If only I could remember the mystery word...

(*Singing*) The Flight Police, they live inside of my head!

2 Comments:

Blogger L*I*S*A said...

My flying dreams are more like levitation. I always seem to fly 'under the radar' so to speak. Seems like I'm just above the ground.

Way cool, nonetheless.

4:40 PM  
Blogger Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

Does the fact that I have never, ever, ever had a flying dream make me weird? Er, weirder?

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home