Thursday, January 29, 2009

A Little Piss & Vinegar

Yeah, I'm feeling a little feisty this morning. Two things caught my attention on the morning news. I know, I know...I ought to know better than to listen to the news, 'cause I just get all worked up. Still...sometimes it's worth hearing, I dunno, the weather forecast, right? (About this winter: It's gonna be cold...it's gonna be grey...and it's gonna last you the rest of your life.) But these other stories...well, I'll admit it right off: I'm feeling some combination of righteous vengeance, furious anger, and arrogant haughtiness. None of which contribute to overall good cosmic vibes. Which, the hell with it. Today, this is how I feel:

1) Upon hearing that the financial rescue package passed the House without a single vote of Republican support: FUCK 'EM!! Look, early on after the election I wrote a letter to Republicans to the effect that we can manage to work together. Now, though, I must say that those good vibes are fading fast. Look, Reps, you can either get on board, or get outta the way...'cause the Dems have a shitload of political interest saved up, and they are gonna spend it. You complain that you were left entirely out of the process, that this bill is basically being crammed down your throat. HELLOOOOO! What the FUCK did you think you were doing to Democrats between 1994 and 2006?!? How's it taste, you cock-smoking shitstains? You can all go fuck yourselves. Tried it your way. It dinna work. Look where we ARE, you cum-drenched nincompoops! Now, we gonna try it OUR way. If that offends you so much that you can't muster a single "Yes" vote in favor of it...fuck it. Go down in flames, for all I care. You got, at a minimum, two years in the wilderness...that ought to be enough time to see if our way works for a fuckin' change.

2) Upon hearing that groups who supported the hateful Proposition 8 in California do not want to release a list of donor names: TOUGH SHIT, fuckwads! I heard one guy say that "donors are being harassed with threatening letters, and people are going and picketing their houses," and that releasing donor names isn't in "the best interests of a civil society." Ha-fucking-HA, you weaselly turd-suckers. Like, you were oh-so concerned about keeping a civil society while you were out proselytizing on behalf of division and hatred, trying to eradicate the Constitution and deny equal rights. You mean THAT concern about civil society? Yeah, I guess you flushed that one down the crapper, right along with your moral compass. Again: go fuck yourselves. I want that list...I want it made public, and I want very televised pubic shavings with a rusty ice-skate blade for all those involved.

So, yeah. Not very Yoda-like or forgiving of me. Today, I ain't feelin' it so much. I'm tired of shitty attitudes coming from conservatives who have their heads both on backwards AND stuffed up their nether-regions. Time they learned there's a price to pay for political fuck-waddery, and I mean to see that collected. Starting now.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark Said!

Wow!, Take a pill, slow down! Ain't shit we can do about it. I don't want any bail outs. I think the more the government gets involved, the worse it's going to be when the market crashes, again. I hope I'm wrong. I'd love nothing better than to be really "bailed out". Only time will tell. Don't care for either political party. The rEVOLution is comeing.

2:23 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:06 PM  
Blogger Becca said...

1) I'm guessing the Republicans are pulling off a purely political move. If the stimulus fails, then they can play the I told you so game and begin jockeying for position again. If they vote for it, and it fails, they lose that traction. Look at the Democrats who tried to blast the Iraq War but had voted yes to go--there's a nasty lesson in that.

2) Campaign contributions are a matter of public record. That said, I do not condone use of those records to harass others. I do not think the contribution rolls for Prop 8 should be a secret, and they should be available like any other. But any picketing needs to stay within legal bounds.

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home