Thursday, May 21, 2009

Creaking Back to Life

…with a meme! So much going on, most of it good, but there'll be time for catchup later. I stole this meme from Jenn-Jenn, several posts ago. It's short, it's sweet, and best of all, it's easy fodder. Read on, and worship me…worship me…worship me…

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Yep. My first name is my dad's middle, and my middle name is my grandpa's first. I was "illegitimate," so when my dad found out what my mom named me, he was really pissed! And, actually, my LAST name is my mother's maiden name…which in turn is HER biological father's name (not the grandpa I grew up with), going back to my great-grandmother's first marriage in the '20s to Guy Harding. So, I cover a lotta ground!

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? Oh, last night, watching Dominique Bretodeau feed chicken oysters to the grandson he was just getting to know. If you have to ask…don't bother.

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? All-caps printing, that's for me. Although I hold my pen funny, so I don't care much for writing; I try to type, and if I can't, I use a shorthand that I began developing in Jr. High. Convenient: kept people from borrowing my notes! Although, I once turned in a handwritten exam in grad school like that…the prof, bless his heart, called me in and asked me to read it out loud. I did, and he gave me the "A." *whew!*

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Hard salami.

5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? One, Roslyn.

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Oh, yeah! I'm the life of the PARTY, bay-bah!

7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Re-read the answer to #6, and figure it out for yourself.

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Nope. I'm Gen-X, man…first sign of a throat infection, SHOOMP! Out they go, to be replaced by all the ice cream and sherbet I could gulp.

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? 10 years ago? Probably not. Now? Yes, if accompanied by either 1) Mike, 2) Mac, or 3) Eric.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Lately I've been eating a lot of Kashi Go-Lean Crunch!, mostly because it's tasty and easy. Honesty forces me to admit, though, that my TRUE fave would have to be Lucky Charms.

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? If they have laces, yes.

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? I'll take this at face (physical) value and say no, not particularly. I'm pretty good for endurance, though.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? All of it, but I tend to go back to either Chunky-Monkey or Cookie Dough.

14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Well, again, honesty: I'm a guy, so it's usually tits. Although this tends to backfire when I'm walking toward a really fat dude.

15. RED OR PINK? I actually look good in BOTH, but for some reason Dr. Tessmacher isn't crazy about me wearing pink.

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? A tendency toward passive/aggressive behavior.

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? George Carlin. (I'm lucky: the vast majority of the people I've really known and loved are alive.)

18. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Nada…although, when I WAS wearing shoes today, they were brown & orange Teva sandals.

19. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? A Miller "Easter cookie." (Ground dates in a deliciously chewy dough "crust.")

20. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? The sound of the air cleaner in The Rozoleum.

21. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Red.

22. FAVORITE SMELLS? The fudge pumped out onto the sidewalk on Mackinac Island; fresh baked bread; Play-Doh; newly-mown grass; pencil shavings; fresh snow on a cold winter day; tequila; really killer weed; a new record when you first take the shrink-wrap off; Roz's hair in the sunshine; Eric's basement…oh, screw it, and PUSSY, okay?!?

23. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Gawd, I *loathe* talking on the phone! Uh…I guess it was Tess' mom, so I could quickly hand the receiver over and be done with it!

24. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Well, I assume I'd like the person I stole it from.

25. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Paul Stanley doing his schtick in old Kiss bootlegs. (I like sports about as much as I like talking on the phone…in fact, I think my own Personal Hell would be an eternity spent talking to someone I don't really care for, with nothing but ESPN on the tube. *shudders*)

26. Hair Color? White.

27. EYE COLOR? Steely blue.

28. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Nope. My vision HAS deteriorated, though…I'm down to 20/20. :-)

29. FAVORITE FOOD? Pizza. With meat. LOTS of meat.

30. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Both, in equal portions.

31. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Just started watching "Unbreakable" with Tess this eve.

32. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Cantaloupe orange.

33. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer!

34. HUGS OR KISSES? Depends on the reciprocator…

35. FAVORITE DESSERT? Mississippi Mud Cake…my great-grandmother's recipe, and one that I don't myself make NEARLY often enough!

36. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? "Blonde Roots" by Bernardine Evaristo.

39. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? A cheap ad for my college.

40. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? Mickey Mouse cartoons, then finished "Amelie."

41. FAVORITE SOUND? "You wanted the best, you got the best, the hottest band in the world…Kiss!" At about 130 dB.

42. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Beatles primarily, since Tess is to the Beatles as I am to Kiss. But, I "grew up" with the Stones more, as they were still putting out music when I was a kid.

43. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? West Berlin.

44. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? Really, really killer air guitarist.

45. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Bay City, MI

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

Where ya been? Oh, wait, shouldn't have to ask. College Prof, end of semester.... Finals more than likely, right?

And thanks for the compliment - I assume I would like you, too, if we ever met IRL.

9:56 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

Give me that Miller date cookie. NOW.

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home